samedi 30 mars 2019

Histoire de cagette.


Nous voici arrivés le dernier jour du mois, ce qui signifie qu’il est temps de rendre sa copie pour la chasse au trésor organisée par kjsutcliffe artist(ici). La liste de mots du mois de mars n’était pas une mince affaire ! Voici mon interprétation :

The last day of the month is synonymous with Scavenger Hunt by kjsutcliffe artist (here) and March’s words were not an easy task! Here is my interpretation:


1 -  POT  - Celui que j’ai fabriqué en m’innitiant à la mosaïque. Bon, on est encore loin de Gaudi, n’est-ce pas ?

1 – POT – The one I made for my first dabbling with mosaic. Not quite one by Gaudi, is it?



2 – PLAT – Comme une crêpe, qui se glisse hors de la photo à la grande surprise de ma fille Rose…

2 – FLAT – Like a pancake, slipping out of the frame to my daughter Rose's surprise…



3 – ROUE – De vélo, comme à Amsterdam où on ne les compte plus!

3 – WHEEL – Of the countless bikes in Amsterdam!



4 – BALANCER – Alors là, amis français, cela nécessite une traduction. Je suis partie de l’expression « not enough room to swing a cat » qui signifie pour une espace réduit « dans lequel on ne peut pas se retourner », sauf que pour mon chat Biscotte, ce n’était pas un problème.

4 – SWING – Small like this basket where you couldn’t swing a cat, or could you?



5 – EN LAMBEAUX – Comme le frisbee de Pudding qui a fini en lamelles!

5 – RAGGED – Like Pudding’s frisbee that ended up in strips! 




6 – Mon choix sera de vous montrer ma petite cagette de printemps qui n’attend plus que Pâques. C'est une déco faite-maison dans une cagette plate, un peu miteuse, qui contenait au départ des pots de ciboulette. Je l'ai ramassée devant l'épicerie sur le trottoir où elle aurait pu finir écrasée sous les roues d'une voiture. Et maintenant, la voici accrochée à côté de ma porte d'entrée et la brise de printemps fait doucement se balancer les oeufs décorés er le petit lapin rose.

6 – MY OWN CHOICE will be for this home-made decorated flat wooden crate. It was a ragged one from the grocer’s, originally containing pots of chives. I picked it up from the ground in front of the shop before it got crashed under the wheels of a car. It is now hanging next to my front door and the spring breeze makes the pink bunny and decorated eggs gently swing.


Bon weekend à tous et rendez-vous le mois prochain avec la liste des mots d'avril. 
A nice weekend to everybody and see you next month with April's words. 

43 commentaires:

  1. Rose nagyon aranyos!
    Szép a húsvéti díszítés.
    Cica is, kutya is kedves.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Beáta! Time has gone by... the two pets have disappeared and Rose is now a young woman but she can still have such surprised eyes at the sight of a flying pancake :))

      Supprimer
  2. You did well with the words. A great scavenger hunt!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, David! I had to rack my brain with March's words but it's a funny game.

      Supprimer
  3. Very pretty mosaic! That cat she is very clever to make herself fit inside such small basket.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Angela! The cat was still young and fit when she curled up in the basket!

      Supprimer
  4. Lovely photos and stories. I do like the pancake disappearing! Your own choice photo is such a clever one; clever you using many of this month's words too. Biscotte looks happy in the basket. Roll on next month's words!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much! My Own Choice category in the Scavenger Hunt is not necessarily the easiest one, I try to link it with the other pictures but it requires brainstorming!

      Supprimer
  5. Merci! I particularly like the seasonal pancakes and Easter box.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci beaucoup! I have eaten a number of pancakes over the last months since the Chendeleur, that's maybe why the idea of this photo immediately came to my mind :))

      Supprimer
  6. I like your Easter decoration.
    Happy Sunday. Manuela

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks a lot Manuela! I also like the fresh colours of Easter decorations at this time of the year. Have a nice week! Sandrine

      Supprimer
  7. Lovely photos fitting the words, especially the last one, which I think is so clever. Thanks for joining in & take care.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Susan! The last picture gave me a difficult moment to find a way to link it with the rest of the post. Best wishes!

      Supprimer
  8. Отличные результаты марта!!!
    Горшок с мозаикой очень интересно смотрится.
    Дочка молодец!
    И подготовка к Пасхе великолепна!))Поздравляю))

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Irina! Mosaic is a very interesting activity and I love the shine of the ceramics pieces. I wish you a nice day! Sandrine

      Supprimer
  9. Fabulous photos, Sandrine!
    The beautiful cat in the little basket is my favourite. :D
    Wishing you happy April days!
    Bisous!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Sara! I still have unexpected pictures of this little cat in the pipeline and some other lists of words may give me the opportunity to show some more. I wish you a nice and warmer week! Bisous!

      Supprimer
  10. I love all your choices particularly the cat curled up in the basket but my favourite is the expression of surprise on Roses face that her pancake is tossing so well.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much! The result on the photo with Rose and the pancake was a complete surprise, nobody expected the pancake to almost reach the ceiling!

      Supprimer
  11. Love all the photos, also the bikes in our Amsterdam.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you, Aritha! I visited several countries but I think that the most beautiful pictures I took were in the Netherlands, really!

      Supprimer
  12. All of your photos are fantastic! The one of your daughter and her pancake is precious.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much! For long she cursed me for taking a picture of her with such a strange look on her face and wouldn't show it to anyone except the close family, but now she smiles at it and is happy I captured the moment.

      Supprimer
  13. How lovely your photos are they all made me smile. Love the surprise in your daughter's face and your cat in a basket and the ragged dog's toy. Your hand made pot is lovely too:)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much Rosie! I do my best to find pictures that can make people's smile. But April's words are giving me a hard time! See you soon!

      Supprimer
  14. Que preciosa tu maceta con tantas flores. Tienes una cocinera muy diestra!!! yo no se darle así la vuelta a la tortilla, terminaría en el suelo seguro... Que bonitas tus mascotas, cuanto echo de menos a mi Currito... Me encanta ese detalle para Pascua, te quedó precioso.besos

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci beaucoup, Chelo! Les deux animaux sur les photos me manquent aussi beaucoup et je suis contente d'avoir pris beaucoup de photos d'eux que j'ai toujours plaisir à revoir. Bisous!

      Supprimer
  15. I love your photos Sandrine - the Easter box is beautiful and the connections are very clever , but the cat .... awwww ... so cute. And your mosaic is great - see you next month. A bientôt!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you very much Fil for your kind comment and for joining my blog. I am already at work for April's scavenger hunt. I don't know for you but for me it's a real brain-teaser. That's what makes this challenge so interesting after all! See you soon! Sandrine

      Supprimer
  16. A lovely selecton you chose to share.
    The 'own choice' is very clever.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you Julie! The "own choice" is unexpectedly not the easiest one, I find! There are so many possibilities that it's hard to make a choice. See you soon! Sandrine

      Supprimer
  17. Wonderful flowers and decoration Easter. The dog and the cat is adorable. Have a happy day. Hugs.

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Fabulous photos and I have never seen anyone else be so clever with the final picture. Very impressed how you have linked all the words together.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thank you for your kind comment, Jane! I try not to wander off the point with the picture of my choice but it's far from being the easiest selection of the 6. And April's list is quite tricky, but I'm racking my brains... See you soon!

      Supprimer
  19. beautiful photos...
    I miss to ride a bike...
    Have a great day

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks a lot, Tanza! I recognize that whenever I go to the Netherlands I come back with a craving for biking. But unfortunately my city is not particularly well-equipped with cycle routes and biking among the cars is hazardous. Have a nice Sunday!

      Supprimer
  20. love the photos , and thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog .
    Enjoy a wonderful day.

    RépondreSupprimer
  21. Doniczka jest prześliczna . Pozdrawiam serdecznie

    RépondreSupprimer